Friday, September 18, 2009

My Sister's Visit

Last weekend my sister flew out from the west coast for a visit. Her visit coincided with my move into a new apartment. Not only did I get to hang out with my sister, but I also had free slave labor for a few days.

Some of you may think that moving into a new apartment is not a big deal. Well, usually it's not...except when you are moving out of the fifth story of a walk-up building. My sister was such a trooper-tirelessly lugging suitcases down the stairs. She also was a huge help in painting the new apartment.

Before we did the big move, we made time for a little fun. First on the list was frozen yogurt at 16 Handles, a self-serve frozen yogurt shop. 16 Handles is an amazing place where you can fill your own cup with any of 16 different flavors of frozen yogurt! Then, after you get totally carried away with fitting as much yogurt into your cup as possible, the cashier weighs your cup and charges you by the ounce. Warning: if you have no self restraint, you will end up paying $8 for a cup of frozen yogurt.


On Day 2 of Adrienne's visit, she accompanied me on a train trip to Long Island to pick out a mattress for the new apartment.


Below is a picture of our final celebratory dinner before we began work on the new apartment. I made sloppy joes.

Very early Monday morning, we packed up all my stuff, ran to the Home Depot to pick up paint, and cabbed over to the new apartment. We painted the living room a beige/tan color ("Oat Straw") and the living room a dusty blue ("Cloudy Day").
The lighting isn't great, but you get the idea. I'll post more apartment pictures soon! All in all, my sister had a great visit. I couldn't have done the big move without her help! Thanks, sis!

1 comment: