Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Dinner with Adrienne

John and I have really enjoyed having my sister, Adrienne, live in New York.  When Adrienne and I lived together in Seattle, Adrienne would ALWAYS cook for me.  While I thoroughly enjoyed mooching off of her generosity, I think Adrienne worried I would never excel in the domestic arts..  

Now that we're both living in New York, a curious role reversal has occurred.  I cook 7 days a week, and Adrienne, being a busy MBA student, hardly cooks at all.

What's great about this situation is that John and I can lure Adrienne to make the 45 minute trip down to our apartment to share dinner together.  

Adrienne came over for dinner last Monday and brought her camera with her.

Here are some of her photos.



I made pan-seared chicken with cheese tortellini and peas accompanied by a spinach salad.


What a great sister!


John thoroughly enjoyed his brownie.  Adrienne took this photo to taunt our dad.  He LOVES brownies.  Don't you wish you had one of those right now, Dad?


John and I are looking forward to welcoming another sister to NYC in mid August!  It's going to be great fun.  We reflect often on how blessed we are to have family near us, despite the fact that we are both living so far from where we grew up.

No comments:

Post a Comment