Friday, November 20, 2009

Over the Bridge

Last Thursday night John and I embarked on an adventure, accompanied by my sister, who was in town for the weekend.  Our adventure began at dusk, at City Hall Park.

Our mission was to walk across the Brooklyn Bridge to Grimaldi's Pizza, reportedly the best pizza in the NYC area.

By the time we reached the bridge, it was very dark.  There was a suprising amount of traffic on the bridge for 5pm on a Thursday night: walkers, tourists, runners, and cyclists.


It was very windy and chilly.  I tried to convince myself that the frigid weather and long walk provided a very good excuse for eating multiple slices of pizza.

By the time we reached Grimaldi's, John was very excited to eat.

Actually, I think he was humoring my request for a large smile.

Awwwww, sisters!  This makes me want to break out into the song "Sisters" from White Christmas.

We were a little wind-blown from the walk.


Yum!  Coal oven fired pizza. 

After the three of us scarfed down this entire pizza, we took the subway back home.

3 comments:

  1. Cute pics! Thanks for the great time, I wish I had some of that pizza for breakfast right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting! We'll have to do it again sometime. I'm still in search of the best pizza in NYC. We have a lot more work (er, eating) to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christina...I'm still trying to figure out how you got John "I don't eat Pizza" Pulliam to eat Pizza!!??!! I think he is the only person I know who went through college without ever eating pizza. Maybe its New York Pizza? Or maybe you're just that good. :)

    ReplyDelete