Tuesday, November 3, 2009

USS New York

I've posted in the past about things we see from our living room window. This is another one of those posts.

Yesterday morning, around 7:50, I noticed a peculiar amount of boat traffic on the Hudson River. I saw about three tugs, a number of sailboats, police boats, and even a fireboat shooting out blue and red colored water.



All this activity signaled the arrival of the newest addition to the US fleet, the USS New York.

The USS New York is constructed from steel salvaged from the World Trade Center wreckage. I was pretty excited to see a battle ship in our "back yard."

3 comments:

  1. Awesome view, and awesome pictures! Are you going to go visit her while she is docked in NYC?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't have plans yet, but that's a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful photos! Makes me feel like I'm standing there with you, in front of your window!

    ReplyDelete