Friday, December 11, 2009

Hello Kitty: Thirsty Kitty

For those of you who don't know, Hello Kitty is a fictional character created in 1974 by the Japanese company, Sanrio.  Hello Kitty first appeared on coin purses.  After gaining international fame, Hello Kitty is now depicted on a wide variety of consumer products, ranging from greeting cards to clothing to home appliances.  Hello Kitty is unusual in that the white kitten with a pink hair bow equally appeals to both children and adults.  

I don't pretend to be a stranger to the odd popularity of Hello Kitty.  Last year, I received a Hello Kitty toaster as a Christmas present. 

Granted, the toaster is a little weird, but it made great kitty-faced toast.
 
Whenever I go to Target, I expect to see some new Hello Kitty product.  However, I believe the Hello Kitty licensing program has hit a new low (or weird high).  While at Target today I found this treasure: 

For only $19.99 you can now have your own minature Hello Kitty water dispenser, guaranteed to quench the thirst of seven-year-old girls everywhere. 

2 comments:

  1. Now I know what my office has been missing....the water cooler...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. John, If you actually got one of these as your water cooler, you MUST take pictures...or better yet, have Christina take pictures. Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete