Friday, January 15, 2010

Funny Conversation

In our three months of marriage, John and I have had several misunderstandings and mis-hearings that have resulted in hilarity.


This conversation took place last night.


John: Brrrr! It's cold in the bathroom.
Christina: Yah, that's because there's no heat in there.
John: Do you think we should buy a small heater for the bathroom?
Christina: There's not much room in there...
John: Never mind, having a heater in the bathroom will make you go soft.
Christina: Soft?  You're worried that a bathroom heater will make your wife go soft?  We live in Manhattan!  I'm already soft! 
John:  (Laughter) No.  I was talking about me!  I was worried that I might go soft...
Christina:  Oh.  (Laughter)


Yes, we're roughing it in NYC without bathroom heat.  That's how we roll.  


This misunderstanding ranks up there with the conversation where I thought we were talking about John's vitamins, but John thought we were talking about his pajamas.  It took us ten minutes to figure out we were talking about different things.

1 comment:

  1. First of all, it is hilarious that John has pajamas, and second of all, I would have loved to hear a conversation about vitamins that John thought was about said pajamas!

    The heater conversation was equally hilarious. Welcome to married life!

    ReplyDelete