Thursday, September 16, 2010

Summer Happenings: August

Slowly but surely, I'm determined to catch up on my blog posts!

In late July/early August, John's family vacationed in my hometown in the Northwest. The weather was a little cooler than usual, but we had a lot of fun relaxing, playing games, and taking small day trips.

When I first met John's family, I noticed that they are excellent photographers (somehow, that didn't rub off on John!).  They are so good at making sure to take a family picture each time the family is together.  I've really enjoyed looking at their family photos over the years... seeing the family grow and change.

Last summer, I was a new addition into the family photo.  This summer, our sweet niece Grace joined the ranks.

The Girls.  Soon to increase by one more!

The Boys.

Baby Grace was the main attraction on this vacation.

She handled all the attention very well.  She had grandma, grandpa, three uncles, and four aunts at her beck and call.  Grace could be the sweetest baby ever!

As John and I expect our baby's arrival, it was a lot of fun for us to spend time with Grace and think about the future.

The cool weather didn't keep us from swimming.  My parents (for the first time ever) turned on the heat in their pool.  When I was a kid, we had to bear the cold pool year round!  

One day, we took a day hike to Rattlesnake Ledge.

John was able to check his email at the top.

Obligatory hand on belly photo.  I was about 24 weeks here.


2 comments:

  1. Awwww! So sweet to feature our precious baby Grace. She looks forward to meeting her cousin soon!

    ReplyDelete