Friday, October 15, 2010

First Anniversary

On Sunday, John and I celebrated our first anniversary!  It was a gorgeous fall day, sunny and warm, but with a refreshing crispness in the air.  After attending our church's service on the Upper East Side, we walked to Central Park to visit "The Bench."  The Bench sits just inside the entrance to Central Park, near 82nd Street.  The Bench is where John asked me if I would be interested in "pursuing a long distance relationship moving towards a short distance relationship."  Little did we know just how quickly the distance between us would be reduced!




After reminiscing at The Bench, we walked through Central Park to the Upper West Side and enjoyed a delicious Italian lunch.  John and I normally don't eat Italian (not sure why), but we thoroughly enjoyed our meal at Celeste, so much that we're already planning to go back!  If you come visit us and want a nice Italian meal, we'll take you there!  We shared a spinach and walnut salad, authentic Italian wood fired pizza, and the most amazing ravioli I've ever had (spinach, ricotta, and sage butter). We were incredibly full...




But not too full for Beard Papa's! Beard Papa's is a Japanese franchise specializing in cream puffs and mochi (frozen bites of ice cream).

This is me eating a blueberry mochi.


This is John eating a chocolate cream puff.


The cream puff before we got a hold of it!

 To cap off a wonderful day, I received these beautiful flowers from my husband!

4 comments:

  1. Hey, it looks like you needed some more people to help you finish off that lunch. Christy and I should have come along! Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun to see these special places. You both look so happy. Congratulations on your wonderful first year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you guys! I want to go back to that restaurant again...we should all go when mom and dad are in town!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! We hope to see you both soon!

    ReplyDelete