Monday, April 4, 2011

The Oldest Piece of Clothing I Own

I think I can safely say that the oldest piece of clothing I own is the baby dress shown in the family photo below.
The dress is now nearly 26 years old and in perfect condition.  I was 2 months old when I wore this lovely white dress, complete with smocking and pink and blue embroidered squirrels.

Lydia (4 months old!) wore my baby dress to church yesterday. I was definitely a much heftier baby than Lydia is.


I think the dress will still fit her for another few months, especially if she wears it with leggings.
What a special memory! I'm so glad my mom saved this little dress.

2 comments:

  1. Hard to believe that Adrienne was only 21 months old! Wonder where her matching dress is...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how Adrienne had fully adult hair. Looks like my hair has gel in it too! Adrienne and I make Lydia look downright bald!

    ReplyDelete