Thursday, June 25, 2009

$4 Entertainment in NYC

Now that we're living in the same city, John and I are learning lots of new things about each other. For instance, we've learned that I have an inexplicable fascination with New York City fruit stands. Whenever we pass by a stand, I'm sucked in.



I love the bright colors and am always amazed that fruit prices vary block by block. Coming from a suburban community on the west coast, there's something novel about being able to buy fruit whenever and where ever I want.

Another thing we've learned is that I love a good bargain. John, on the other hand, values efficiency.

My love of fruit stands and bargains created an interesting situation earlier this week. John and I were walking down the street and encountered a fruit stand. The blueberries and strawberries beckoned me. I was magnetically attracted and helpless! Before I knew what was happening, I did the unthinkable...

I bargained for fruit.

John watched in horror as I negotiated a two-for deal on blueberries and strawberries.

The fruits of my labor:


John enjoyed some tasty fruit, and I was immensely entertained by my bargaining success.

2 comments:

  1. Did you check the fruit stands in Queens first? I think they had better deals out there.

    also, be sure to do your aftermarket research to verify the success of your first transaction.

    ReplyDelete