Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Engagement!

This post is a bit belated, but things have been pretty busy lately. On June 12, while on a hike at Mount Rainier, John proposed to me. It was a great surprise and a wonderful memory. On the way to the mountain, we stopped for a quick photo.


Even in mid-June, the entire trail was covered in snow.


After we had hiked for fifteen minutes or so, John made his first attempt at getting down on one knee. It failed miserably.


Just kidding. John just fell in a hole. It was nice of him to let me take this picture.





After some more photos along the way, we arrived at a small peak to take a rest. We were looking at the scenery, and when I turned around, John was down on one knee and asked me to marry him! I was wonderfully suprised! And I said "Yes."

Here's our first photo as an engaged couple.


Don't we look happy? Then we had to hike down.



The scenery was amazing. We watched a cloud descend upon us.


Eventually, the cloud completely enveloped us.



Thankfully, we made it safely back to the trail head.

No comments:

Post a Comment