Wednesday, October 21, 2009

We're Married!

It all happened so quickly! John and I are married, back from our honeymoon, and settled into our new home. It's funny how everything is all so new, but yet it feels like this is how life always should have been.

Our wedding weekend was a whirlwind- family and friends flocked in from the west coast, midwest, and east coast. Both John and I really enjoyed seeing our families experience a little of our New York life.

My family came in the Wednesday night before our wedding, bearing all sorts of wedding paraphernalia. We had a casual pizza dinner at our apartment and sorted through all the wedding favors, programs, menus, and place cards my mom and sister had made.
John joined the fun later in the evening, and we opened a few gifts from friends on the west coast.
On Thursday, we did a little shopping, and I spent most of the day hanging out with my lovely mom.
I sneaked a little rest in John's chair, too. I LOVE this chair. John loves this chair. I think we need a second!
On Friday morning, my parents and John's parents met (for the first time!) over breakfast at Sarabeth's Kitchen. For those of you who haven't been to this restaurant, you must go! The food is amazingly delicious. http://www.sarabethscps.com/


Friday afternoon held more festivities: visitors to our apartment and a ladies' lunch.



On Friday evening, we had a dinner event with our families. As a result of marriage to John, I am gaining a 2.5x increase in siblings.
Pretty good deal, if you ask me. This one will always be my favorite sister, though.


Saturday was another early morning- 6:45 appointment for a hair do. Afterwards, I met my parents at their hotel room to get dressed.


Pastor Richard Johnston, John's pastor from back home, officiated the ceremony. Before we knew it, it was all over! We were married!


I'll post professional wedding photos as soon as they're available!

No comments:

Post a Comment